Wednesday, April 22, 2009

watch this.



I understand your disgust Mister Novocaine.
I know that you were one of us, and I feel your pain.
It's quite confusing outside, inside it's even worse.
It makes you wonder if a heart is a blessing or a curse.
And I could never understand just why you had to die.
But I hope you're out there somewhere, making angels cry, making angels cry.

I wanna tell your little girl what daddy meant to me.
He was the purest soul that I have ever seen.
Every note from his throat cut me like a blade.
And he could do it again, had he only stayed.
It seems to me that since you've gone I went and lost the refrain.
of my oncore if you please Mister Novocaine, Mister Novocaine.

Sometimes I feel like my life is a game I'd rather not play.
But with all due respect I can't go out that way.
That's why I'm taking my boat and shoving off these shores,
With a tear in my sail and a broken ore.
I will travel my whole life until I find that place,
Where I can lay on my back, feel the sun on my face.
Where the losers win, because the inside counts,
More then Mercedes-Benz and filthy bank accounts.

They were quick to call you a coward, some said you're not a man.
I call you Mister Novocaine and say I understand.

I'd like to see you again Mister Novacaine, and watch you smile at us from the pouring rain.

And I will never forget the words a friend said to me.
That there are those in this life just built to delicately.
This is not to be said in front of small boys and girls.
But they are those in this life too beautiful for this world.

That's how I hold you my friend, Mister Novocaine.

That's what I tell myself in attempt to explain
I see too much of myself in Mister Novocaine.
Don't leave us standin' here with nothing for our pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment